Tuesday 6 October 2015

RESEARCH: PREVIOUS PRODUCTIONS

Today, I have looked at 10 previous productions made by people at our center in order for me to learn new techniques and skills when it comes making a short film/opening myself.

Firstly, I learnt how lighting can have a big effect on a certain shot of the camera and can improve the overall shot. For example, one previous film we saw showed natural light coming in through the window as the girl was lifting her wedding veil and gave a very nice effect as she was flooded with natural light. This relates to my preliminary we filmed, this is because I realized that the room we filmed in had no natural lighting and not very bright lights so it was hard to see what was happening.

Secondly, another key feature that I learnt watching the previous films was editing. This is because in some of them they used editing programs such as Adobe after effects or iMovie in order to make their opening title sequence and then to edit their clips. This was effective because it meant it had nice animations when it came to the texts on the opening. However I also learnt that the titles can also be made without editing software. For example, one that I watched had guitar picks along the guitar showing each of their names which related to their rock and roll style film. Therefore, it is just as easy to make the title sequence while filming than on software. 

Finally, the last thing I learnt from watching the previous movies was the sound. For example, in one that I watched was a horror movie where it had a voice over of a poem. (The Raven by Edgar Allen) This was effective for the movie because it created the atmosphere with the movie and the tension and up building of the movie. I learnt that the sound is very important and a voice over may have helped in our preliminary because our speech was very quiet and sometimes couldn't hear what was being said.

2 comments:

  1. It is useful to link your research to your own learning, showing critical thinking. You should change your blog template as white on black is too hard to read. The highlighted colours are not easily legible either.

    ReplyDelete